Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Terms of Endearment

Here is a recent conversation that I had with Rachel - It was so sweet and endearing tha I couldn't pass up sharing it. Vimal was out of town and we were talking on the phone and Rachel heard him call me "Babe" right before we hung up and here is what ensued.


Rachel: “Why does he call you ‘Babe’ “? (referring to Daddy when he was telling me bye on the phone)
Me: “Well, that is a Term of Endearment”
Rachel: “What is a term of Endearment?”
Me: “hmm, when Daddy calls you something, does he always call you Rachel?”
Rachel: “No, sometimes he calls me ‘Snickerpoodle’, hee hee”
Me: "That is a term of Endearment, when someone calls you a sweet name because you are special to them, that is why Daddy calls me ‘Babe’.”
Rachel: “Babe isn’t a term of endearment, ‘Mommy’ is a term of Endearment”


My heart just melted...it may seem that she didn't understand - but really - what better term of endearment could I be called by my sweet daugther?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet little Rachel... she's the best :)