Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Beautiful Life

Less than a week ago, a friend of mine died of cancer. Knowing what I know about her now, I really didn't know her nearly as well as I wish that I had.



After reading her obituary and attending her memorial service I think I saw so much more of who she really was - a true follower of Christ. Her life and death have inspired me in a way that I haven't been inspired in a long time. She seemed to live life that made Christ evident and all who encountered her also encountered Christ. I want my life to be like that.



I seem get caught up in so many temporal things and the tasks of daily living that I don't seem to reflect Christ moment by moment like I desire. Kristi's life has encouraged me once again to live for Christ in the moment by moment and daily "grind" of life. I have always desired that but I just tend to drift so easily into my own little world and get caught up in things that aren't really important in life.

Kristi really set an example in the way she loved her husband, her boys and those around her. She modeled what it truly means to live for Christ in the little things. I am so thankful to have known her and really believe she is leaving behind a legacy in her short 30 years that most of us only dream about. To exeplify Christ in such a way is most definately a Beautiful life.



No comments: