Over Memorial Day weekend, we started the process of potty training. There is a reason they call it training :) So, on that Saturday we had a "potty party" designed to make the whole process exciting and to teach Rachel how to go to the potty.
First we taught bear how to go to the potty which was exciting and Rachel enjoyed telling bear that she had to go potty and not to pee pee in her big girl panties. And then a little later it was Rachel's turn. She definately enjoyed putting the stickers on her chart, as you can see she is admiring her sticker chart in this picture. And the treats were a big hit, well, most of them. I think I offered marshmellows, pretzels, yogurt covered raisins, fruit snacks, and hershey's candy coated kisses (like m&ms, but semi-sweet). Her favorite options were the pretzels and yogurt raisins - that's our girl! and the really funny thing is that as soon as she started eating the Hershey's candy she spit it out??? I'm not exactly sure what that was about.
She is actually doing pretty well. In fact, I don't think she had an accident all day today and only one each day for the past couple of days. But, she still needs quite a bit of encouragement from me to actually get to the bathroom. Playing is still way more interesting than going potty which I guess she does have to switch gears...for past two+ years she could continue doing whatever she was doing and go to the potty at the same time. We'll keep you posted on the progress.
1 comment:
my fav thing about this photo is rachel's hair au natural! love it!
Post a Comment