Thursday, June 07, 2007
Braxton Hicks Contractions
I think I mentioned in a recent post that I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions. They have increased in frequency in the past few weeks. This morning Rachel and I went for a walk and in a 1/2 hour period I had at least 4 or 5 of them. So, as recommended I came home and drank several glasses of water and layed down for 30-40 minutes (with Rachel crawling all over me, of course :) ). I don't think I even had one while I was lying down but as soon as I got up I had two of them right together. I called the nurse and spoke with her and she immediately felt I needed to be monitored to make sure it is only Braxton Hicks. The good news is that the contractions are only Braxton Hicks but I just seem to be having more than normal and the only way to stop them is to lay down. If only I could lay on the couch all day! I still have 8 weeks to go and I hear that they increase. I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your beach pictures! Especially the one of you and your belly and Rachel is so cute in those stylish bathing suits. It is so fun to read about your new experiences. Maybe Kate and I can come and visit you sometime in the next couple of weeks-I'll call you soon. Love-Maria
Tab...you look so cute with your belly!! How exciting...I will pray that she (that's right?) will stay in the womb for a couple of more weeks. Tell Rachel and Vimel hello for us.
Love, Christy
Post a Comment