Thursday, May 03, 2007

Holland's Strawberry Farm




Each new season, I get excited about "seasonal" foods that will soon be available. That is why every April and May I make my way over to the nearby strawberry farms...yes, that is plural. I usually visit several during the season and make as many trips as I can. When the strawberries are home we have the challenge of finding new and exciting ways to eat these big red delicious strawberries! I do mean delicious. One of my favorite ways is to just cut them up sprinkle with a little sugar and then pour heavy cream over them...yum, yum! If you have never eaten a strawberry straight from the vine - you should make that one of your summer goals! This year, I decided to take Rachel on the adventure and it was made more enjoyable by Pam and Jordan Matthews' company (you'll see Jordan picutred). It took Rachel no time to catch on (picking and eating, that is) and as you'll see from the pictures...she had so much fun! I think we'll make this an annual family event!
April 26, 2007

No comments: