This past month has been quite eventful in our house. And I often remind myself that I need to take a few minutes to sit down and blog about what is going on. And to share all of the new things that Anna is doing but the most I seem to manage is to jot it down in her first year calendar. Even getting it on the calendar is an accomplishment some days.
I am finally coming to grips with the fact that I am not a very organized person. It is hard to admit, but it is true. I fail to prioritize and follow through. I am often just lazy and do whatever is the easiest thing to do at the moment and whatever I want to do rather than what is the most important. I am only telling you this because my blog is often a reflection of this. I am not a very good writer so I usually just post pictures and don't often write about how things are going and what is new around here because it takes energy that I don't want to expend. Just getting my pictures uploaded and onto the computer and finding the time sit down and post some of them seems to be about as far as I get. I am going to try to do better about occasional written updates and not just pictures - although I know you all love the pictures of our precious s (that is what you really come here to see, right??). And by the way, if you are visiting...please leave a note - I would love to hear from you that you've been to check up on us. You must click on the comments section under that specific post and then if you don't have a google account you have to reply under annoymous.
I don't have Anna's calendar in front of me now, but I'm going to do my best to remember the dates. Okay, here are some of the events since my last post:
April 8th - Anna started crawling
April 9th- Anna started speed crawling :)
April 10th - I got to volunteer in Rachel's class - so fun!
April 14th - Anna's first tooth broke through
April 23rd - Anna started pulling up on some things
April 24th - 28th - my roomate and great friend from college, Tracy visited from Minnesota for a few days. Thanks for coming, Trac!
April 27th - Anna said the "B" sound for the first time (she is not nearly as talkative as Rachel and hasn't babbled yet so she is making progress )
April 29th - Anna started clapping (and boy is she pround of herself!)
May 1st - Vimal and I celebrated our 9 year Anniversary!! I love you, Sweetheart!! Thank you, Kristin for watching the s so we could enjoy dinner out!
May 2nd - Anna's first trip to the beach and Rachel had a blast...she absolutely loves the beach - we went to NMB on a retreat with our Sunday school class at church and had a great time.
May 7th - Anna will be 9 months old!
A few other random things - we visited Marbles Museum in downtown Raleigh with Elizabeth Ratledge, her little boy, John Brian and her mom - we definately want to go back! We also went to Farm animal days that NC State has with our friends the Albaughs and the Noethers - that was a lot of fun, too!
I'll post a few pictures soon to catch you up to speed. Thanks for stopping by.
1 comment:
Tabatha,
Great to hear what the girls, especially Anna, are up to. Time will go faster and faster, so hang on. We are well--just getting ready to leave for project in a couple of weeks. So good to have a breather now that school is finished. We love you and will see you soon, I hope.
Love, Mason
Post a Comment